Monday, April 27, 2020

DEPRESSED MAN CURED BY INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE ON FACEBOOK TIMELINE


ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI       Keith Henderson, 33, has struggled year-in-year-out with Major Depressive Disorder. "I had it all my life, but it got so much worse after a childhood friend's death in 2012... We were friends for twenty years or so! At my worst, I was having trouble getting dressed," he confides. "Nobody knew what to do to help. Vicky wasn't able to be emotionally there for me, because she worked down the hall from his wife, and so she felt the grief stronger than I did. I finally sought help, and it helped me get out of bed, but I still was in a fog. I was coping, but not cured."
Even after the ten-year anniversary of his marriage and a job promotion, it persisted. "I thought I could fix him," his wife, Vicky, states. "That was probably what attracted me in the first place."

When confronted on the questionable nature of such behavior, she shrugs.

Regardless, those times are behind him. "I was scrolling through Facebook after Vicky said she had a headache one night. So I was lying on the couch, and all of a sudden, I saw it. It was this great, inspirational quote. It really shifted my perspective, and I feel like I can breathe again."


No comments:

Post a Comment

CLINICALLY DEPRESSED WOMAN UNABLE TO LAUGH FOR HALF A DECADE

SYRACUSE, NEW YORK    Outwardly cheerful, Jaye Wilkins is your typical 30 year old. Gainfully employed, and with affordable rent, she is liv...