SYRACUSE, NEW YORK Outwardly cheerful, Jaye Wilkins is your typical 30 year old. Gainfully employed, and with affordable rent, she is living the millennial dream. However, in 2015 she was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and PTSD, and hasn't been the same since.
"I was displaying symptoms my whole life," she recounts, "but it finally got bad enough, to where I needed treatment... I take five pills a day, other than my multi-vitamin, and I still can't laugh."
Wilkins has tried going to comedy clubs, watching movies, talking with friends- but to no avail. "I just can't figure out how to feel that bubble of joy that comes out as a... genuine laugh."
When asked why this was something she wanted to speak outwardly about, she answered that, "to be able to take away the stigma, and make people feel less alone, I guess."
UPDATE: Ms. Wilkins has since been prescribed medical marijuana for her Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and has taken up to watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. "All is well here," she says. "I've gained five pounds in a week, but I'm really into Kaitlin Olson's physical comedy."
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CLINICALLY DEPRESSED WOMAN UNABLE TO LAUGH FOR HALF A DECADE
SYRACUSE, NEW YORK Outwardly cheerful, Jaye Wilkins is your typical 30 year old. Gainfully employed, and with affordable rent, she is liv...
-
SYRACUSE, NEW YORK Jamie Dyers, 34, fancies themselves to be an "aspiring writer." Diligently submitting poems to different pub...
-
KAUKAUNA, WISCONSIN Karen Arbitter, 57, has had enough of "these G*ddamn memes" that she sees on her Facebook feed. She repor...
-
SYRACUSE, NEW YORK Outwardly cheerful, Jaye Wilkins is your typical 30 year old. Gainfully employed, and with affordable rent, she is liv...
No comments:
Post a Comment